Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Thoughts from a 3 year old

Just a quick post since I'm on a roll getting homework and things around the house accomplished right now.

Here are a few recent quotes and conversations with Ryan.

Driving to base for the Easter Party there were lots of low clouds.
I hear Ryan "Wow, look Mama, clouds!"
Me, "Very cool buddy!"
Ryan "Look Mama, teddy bear cloud!"
Me "You think that cloud looks like a teddy bear?"
Ryan "Ohhhh yeah."

Before my parents got here for the weekend.
Ryan "Mama, you no go school.  Stay home with Ry Ry."
Me "Sorry buddy, I have to go."
Ryan.....almost crying.  :(
20 Mins later after Papa has already talked about how Ryan is going to help him with the tools to do some yard work.
I'm still just hanging out drinking coffee when Ryan says "Bye Bye Mama, you go school now, I play tools."

Ryan got a lot of gifts this weekend with grandparents around and a birthday party.  Today he sees one of the boxes that a toy came in.  He runs over to it.
Ryan "E, s, o, take out, batteries, play, cars."  (Basically a mix of random words and letters.)
Me "What are you doing Ry?"
Ryan "Its ok Mama, I read directions you."
Me "Thanks buddy for reading me the directions."
Ryan "Your welcome"

Sean set me just because flowers which was such a bright spot of my day.
Ryan "Mama, flowers?"
Me "Yeah buddy, Daddy sent me flowers."
I bend over and show him the card.  He grabs it and runs off.
Ryan "Bryce look, To Mama, From Daddy."  So sweet he has to "read" the card to Bryce.

Bryce is in his crib crying the other night.
Ryan shouts "Nothing scared of Bryce, Daddy in there with you!"  (Daddy got Ryan a recordable book with him reading about monsters and how there isn't anything to be scared of because Daddy is here.  And Ryan knows that Bryce has a Daddy doll in his crib just like he has one in bed.)

Driving the other day.
Ryan "Mama, Daddy work."
Me "I know buddy, Daddy is at work."
Ryan "Daddy has tools."
Me "Daddy has tools at work?"
Ryan "Yeah, Daddy fixes things with tools."
Me "Daddy works with planes buddy not tools."
Ryan "No, Daddy has tools, he fixes planes."
(Me trying not to die laughing as I think about how to tell Sean that Ryan thinks he is an aircraft mechanic instead of flying in a jet).

No comments:

Post a Comment