Sunday, March 6, 2011

24 Hours

So we survived the first 24 hours without Daddy.  Here is a break down of the day.

The boys decided to be nice to me since I was up late dropping Daddy off on base and I only had to go get one of them at 11, 1130, 12, 5, 6:30 and 7:45.  (Sadly this is actually a decent night recently since Ryan is potty training and wanting to pee in the middle of the night and Bryce is teething and still wanting a night time bottle.)

They managed to play in the office with me after breakfast so I could try to study for the big test I have tomorrow and catch up on all the reading I'm behind while we spent last minute family time together.  (This translates to I got about 5 pages read of the 150 I needed to.)

We had a fun lunch together.  (I made Top Raman since I was tried and it was almost nap time).

There were only two technical issues, somehow I don't have rights to the hard drive to organize digital pictures and for some reason the receiver keeps turning off during movies.  (Sean is totally my IT support, I freely admit that I'm lost without him technology knowledge.)

Ryan had his first poop on the potty!!! (This translates to this is the first time I've been able to catch him pooping and able to sprint him to the bathroom to finish. )  I praised the heck out of him and gave him a slice of ice cream cake.  Here's hoping that he will now get some motivation to start on the potty next time.

Friends came over for build your own pizza night.  Ryan had a blast playing with two other boys.  (But was having WAY too much fun to eat dinner.)

Got both boys in bed by 8pm.  (They might have been in bed but no one was sleeping.  Bryce was crying and crying and I decided he needed to learn to put himself down.  Meanwhile Ryan was lying in bed yelling "BRYCE be QUIET! 1, 2, 3, time out 2 mins, TOO LOUD!"  I did get a good laugh out of that.)

After cleaning up the house a little, taking out the trash and recycling, I'm attempting to get caught up with my reading.  At the rate I'm going I'll be caught up in Sept.  The classes end in May.  Ohh well, here's hoping for a productive night.

No comments:

Post a Comment